Pat will be part of a panel discussion on "Keeping the Farm, Nursing Home Planning and the Farm" at a Minnesota State Bar Association continuing ed event on October 13, 2017 in St. Paul. Additional panelists included JoEllen Doebbert and Bradley W. Hanson.
A checklist of issues will be covered and discussed among the Minnesota attorneys in attendance, including:
- The use of business entities in farm succession planning.
- Minnesota estate tax qualified farm exemption and recapture rules.
- How to avoid estate tax on the family farm.
- How property taxes can be affected by use of certain estate planning techniques.
- An update on the Probate Section's Outstate Study Group's efforts.